Friday, January 9, 2015

2014 in review: Favorite Posts

And.....now we come to the most underwhelming of categories: favorite posts.  My writing was at an all time low this year with a total of 39 posts.  I am not surprised given the year and it's challenges, but that doesn't mean I wish it were different.  I find blogging is a great way to record the year's events as well as to provide an artistic outlet for me in the form of writing.  I can only hope that 2015 provides more space and time for me to do both.  My favorite posts by far on the ones I wrote for my Friday Flashbacks.  That format serves as a great starting point in attempting to craft a good story.

A week solo parenting.  I chose this because it gave a realistic snap shot of my life earlier this year.  It was no wonder that I was depressed.  I was not getting any sleep, even when you considered just one child vs. two.  Also, what a difference a year makes!  A little bit of night-weening will do that.

My kids: side by side.  I enjoy seeing the differences between my two children.

Candies.  My first Friday Flashback, and one of my favorite memories.  My poor Grandmother.

The no nap.  This is such a constant occurrence at my house.  I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated with Enna's not napping only to discover the reason within minutes of giving up.  Only now that we have potty trained, the surprise isn't in the diaper, but what ends up in the potty mere minutes upon giving up.

This should have been in the manual.  In memory of Robin Williams and my awkward teenage years.  My sister told me she was crying with laughter at reading this.  "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors?"  Why yes, let my most embarrassing moments be your comic relief for the day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...