Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 Year in Review: New Recipes

{Pictures from original source.  Links below.}

This is the post where I highlight my favorite new recipes of the year.  Some of these I have mentioned in previous posts.  Some of these have been repeated so often, I feel like we have been eating these meals forever.  Lucky for me, I have kept track of all of our meals in google calendar where there is a handy search function, and I could double check.

In no particular order:

Chicken with artichoke hearts: Easy and tasty.

Mac and cheese with carrots: My favorite macaroni and cheese.  I don't want to make others.

Black bean and mango quesadillas: So, so good.  And I make them even though Mr. F. hates warm fruit.

Stuffed Italian burgers: These remind me of the Italian burgers my mother used to make.  Only these are so much better.

Cheesy ham and broccoli quinoa bites: Look, there are a plethora of quinoa recipes out there.  And no, I have not jumped on the quinoa love train.  But, in moderation, I enjoy a quinoa recipe now and again.  This is a good one.  I bake mine in regular muffin tins.

Yogurt marinated Greek chicken: This makes a great, moist, Greek chicken.

Pork medallions in mustard sauce: If I want to make pork, 8 times out of 10, I will cooks this.  This came up A LOT when I searched for it on my calendar.

Creamy chicken noodle casserole:  Sometimes, I want the nostalgia of my childhood but without the cream of soup.  Also, I don't use the "American" cheese called for and don't feel like I am missing out.  I also nix the crumbs on top.

Tex-mex enchilada casserole: This is just so "what should I feed my family tonight" good.

Chickpea salad with roasted carrot and feta: I love how easy this is to throw together, yet so tasty.

Thai green curry meatballs: This makes a ton, and I like the different flavor profile of these meatballs.

Halal cart-style chicken and rice:  Chicken! Yogurt sauce!  Yellow rice!

Crockpot Thai yellow curry: a really easy and good crockpot recipe.  However, we double the meat.

Ground beef enchiladas:  Love these.  I use a pound of hamburger and then a can of beans for the filling.

Skillet Ziti: Good, pretty easy, and Mr. F. was transported back to childhood memories eating it.

Not a bad year for new recipes, and this wasn't even all of them.  These were just the ones that I make often or plan to.  I realized that I get caught in a cycle of newish repeats.  I looked at the new recipes from 2012 and while some I still make frequently, some I have not cooked for a while.  This isn't because I don't like them, instead, I have just either forgotten, or feel like eating something "newer."



1 comment:

RFamily said...

You can imagine my excitement - a quinoa recipe made the list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...