- Free entertainment in the form of cute cousins
- Having aunts and uncles willing to take my children so I could do things like use the loo and talk to Mr. F.
- Seeing my sisters
- Seeing my brother-in-law's family who I love but see rarely
- Finn's excitement over his new balance bike and other toys
- Enna's love of her uncle.
- Having the cousins play so well together
- Seriously good food
And yes there were a few undesirable moments--like the last hour and a half of our drive back home where Enna cried and screamed in exhaustion. (Our children and their specific sleep needs--absolute darkness, their own rooms and beds. They do not sleep in the car unless they have just pushed themselves over the edge.) Mr. F. and I looked at each other and said, "This is why we don't travel. We are never leaving home again." Which is what we say every time. And it is true until we forget past nightmares, or we deem the overall experience worth the pain.
|Cousins at play|
|Peeking through the stockings|
|Waiting to open stockings Christmas morning|
|Robots. More specifically, Ollibots!|
More pictures here.