Monday, May 6, 2013

Gluten Free Granola Muffins

I totally judge recipes by their pictures.  I don't have time to waste on recreating visually unappetizing food.  This is especially true for muffins.  If the picture does not show the muffin to have a perfectly domed top and a beautiful golden hue, I will pass it by.  You can understand therefore, why I was hesitant to share this recipe.  These muffins just don't look like you should waste your time making them, and I will understand if you pass on this recipe.  However, they do taste quite lovely and despite their humble appearance, I felt they deserved a write up.

You know when I mentioned that I needed to pass on the granola?  That perhaps it wasn't doing me or Enna any favors in the digestive department?  Well, it turns out that I have a hard time quitting granola.  I may have a granola addiction....I don't know.  I any case, I made up another double batch (my normal batch size) of one of my favorite recipes on the off chance it was a fluke.  Spoiler: it wasn't.  So here I had a large batch of granola that I really couldn't finish eating, but didn't want to waste.  I thought the digestive issues of the granola might be mitigated if it had a chance to soak in some sort of batter and then baked.  I started looking into granola bread, muffins, and cookies as a way to use it up.  The following recipe is a hodge podge of few different recipes floating around online.  If I was feeling pretentious, I would mark this as a Lady Susan original.  (Snort!)

Gluten Free Granola Muffins

6.4 ounces all-purpose gluten free flour
1.6 ounces almond flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon guar gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 -2 cups granola
7 ounces honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350.  Whisk the dry ingredients together (through the granola).  In a separate bowl mix together the honey, vanilla, butter, buttermilk, and eggs.  Add to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.  Refrigerate overnight if desired.  Scoop into lined muffin tins and bake for about 24 minutes.  Makes 12-14 muffins depending on how full you like to fill your tins.  (This could potentially my problem for the lack of domed tops--overfilling.)


DSC_2554

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...