Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal

So, the granola that I made and then had to find alternate uses for?  I decided to use it to make my weekly baked oatmeal--since it is essentially oats plus add-ins.  Pure genius, I tell you.  I love it when I astound myself with my own creative brilliance.  I added bananas and peanut butter and whammo!  Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal (since the granola itself included nuts, coconut, and chocolate).

Now to be completely honest here, I have never actually tasted Chunky Monkey ice cream.  A strong banana flavor doesn't appeal to me which is why I have always been hesitant to try it.  I have not, though, found bananas to be too overwhelming in my baked oatmeal, so I gave it a whirl.  If you have issues with bananas, you can leave them out.  I actually didn't have bananas the second time I made it.  Still awesome oatmeal.

Also, I reckon that most people won't have batches of French Chocolate Granola hanging about (and if you did, you would probably just choose to eat it by the bowlful and rightfully so), hence I adapted it to use raw ingredients.

Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...