Monday, April 22, 2013

Enna at 2 Months

DSC_2468

Stats
Head:  40 cm (75%)
Weight: 12 lbs 11 ounces (90%)
Height: 22.25" (75%)

Nicknames: Hunca Munca, Chunka Munca

At two months Enna:
  • is giving me smiles, and sometimes I can coax out a bit of a laugh-gurgle.
  • talks in squawks.
  • likes to fill her diaper while nursing which takes a significant amount of talent, I feel.
  • sleeps better than her brother currently does. (I was about to let myself be all hopeful about the future, but then I read this post about Finn at two months and started to laugh maniacally.  I had no clue what the future held for me.)
  • loves her brother.  She gives most of her smiles to him.  
  • is patient with her brother as she is smothered by his multiple hugs and kisses every day.
  • does not nurse to sleep--she always wakes up as I put her in her bed.  Then I just leave.  This sort of freaks me out.  I check on her obsessively in the monitor waiting for her to start wailing.  But she doesn't.  She just checks things out for five minutes and then falls asleep.  It drives me a little crazy, because I start second guessing myself, "should I be leaving her alone in her room awake like that?  But she isn't complaining.  What to do?  What to do?"
  • takes a pacifier (her brother did not), and now I am beset with qualms about how much to encourage or discourage its use.
  • is a bundle of deliciousness that makes me want to nibble at her all day.



 

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think it's great that she falls asleep on her own. That's what our little one does too, she'll be awake a lot of times when I put her down at night and she'll just put herself to sleep after a little while. I say as long as she's happy let her do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...