Monday, January 14, 2013

Pregnancy 2: 36 weeks


Well, 35 weeks and 4 days to be exact.  Last time, I just called it 36.

What is going on?  I managed to strain some pelvic muscles the other day as I was trying to make my son just sit on the d****** toilet already.  He needed to go (with absolute certainty, I knew this) and yet he was insisting he didn't.  I could have let it go, but then I would have to deal with the aftermath, and I just didn't want to.  So, I strained some muscles, and I felt like my whole pelvis was just going to plop onto the floor if I didn't physically hold it in.  Turning from one side to the other in bed was impossible, and I found it difficult to walk.  Luckily, after a day of rest, I am doing much better.

While it is obvious, it should be noted that being pregnant and having other children at the same time is a whole different ballgame than when it is your first.  At least for this pregnant mama, there is no sleeping in, no daytime naps.  The exception is on the weekend when Mr. F. is available to look after Finn.  (But often Mr. F. is needing to sneak in some extra sleep too, so we have to campaign to see who has the greater need.)

Sleep is worse this time around.  I had a hard time last time falling asleep last pregnancy at this stage, but that meant maybe tossing and turning for about 30 minutes to an hour.  This time, it means and hour or two of tossing around until I pass out from exhaustion.  The only conceivable "upside" to this is that I am blazing through some audio books.  Currently I am listening to "The Poisoner's Handbook" and learning more than I thought possible about Prohibition and poisons.  It is quite a fascinating and engaging read.

I am so ready for this pregnancy to be done and on one hand hope for an early arrival.  But conversely, I want to wait until my Mother-in-Law can come and be here for Finn which would mean a delivery more or less on schedule.  We will just have to see what baby girl has planned.
   

3 comments:

Janssen said...

Good luck! Those last few weeks are the WORST!

Carol said...

Good luck with baby girl! I'm glad you feel like you can walk again, and may you soon be able to sleep! And, by the bye, I love your book recommendations.

RA said...

Yay, I'm glad that you are enjoying The Poisoner's Handbook! I really liked it, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...