Sunday, December 9, 2012

A note

Today, as I was laying down with my son, desperately trying to put him down for a nap (despite the fact that he has dropped his nap for good), he peed on me.  And the bed.  And all over himself.  And I didn't care, because he was finally falling asleep after being a crazed, over-tired, possessed fiend who was scratching and biting, and hitting, and fighting me will all of his 2 year-old might.  When he finally fell asleep, I broke down because I was covered with pee, exhausted, and emotionally drained.

I have whole posts I want to write.  I want to tell you about the matching stockings I made for our family.  I want to write about how Sundays are destined to be the worst day of the week--something I can count on like clockwork.  I have a couple of pregnancy progression pictures to put up.  But then I end up covered in smelly pee, and I just don't have the heart or energy to write much of anything.

I gave myself leave to just write a little.  Just notes from the trenches until I can summon up the effort for something more.

1 comment:

Larks said...

Oh, man. Parenting can be a rough gig, especially when pregnant. I feel like they should share stories like this when teenagers are doing stuff like contemplating having babies because they are "cute." Hang in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...