Friday, May 25, 2012

52 Pics: Trash

I went to Flickr to see if I could get some inspiration for some interesting trash photography.  I mean, I could have just taken a picture of my own trash.....but that would be kind of gross, not to mention revealing.  There were a couple of photos I liked that depicted trash in an urban setting, so I kept my eyes peeled for similar circumstances.

One morning on my run, I hit the trash jackpot.  One was this horse which peaked out playfully from behind the trash cans (Finn was so excited to see it!), and the other was a fast food explosion on the sidewalk.  I didn't have my camera at the time, but I made sure I stopped by later that morning as we were leaving for another errand to snap some shots.  The horse was in surprisingly good condition, which made me wary about why it was on the street with the rest of the trash.


Trash Item 2
1/500 sec, f/2.2, ISO 100



Trash Item 3
1/2500 sec, f/2.2, ISO 100



Later that same day, we were at the beach and found, to no one's surprise, some more trash.

Trash Item 1
1/4000 sec, f/2.2, ISO 100

What I am not happy to admit--I didn't pick up any of this.  I know.  I know.  I fail in my civic duty and tarnish the name environmentalist.  I just took the pictures and ran.  (Granted, I couldn't do much about the horse, but the other items could have been taken to the nearest trash receptacle.)  Be a better person and don't follow my example.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...