Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grain-Free Peanut Butter Muffins (GAPS)

Once I stumbled upon the solution to use both almond flour AND coconut flour in my baking, I realized that I could take any well-written recipe (meaning it follows general baking ratios) and adapt it to my needs. 

Su-weet!  This means a lot less effort for me since I don't have to construct a recipe from scratch.  I adapted a peanut butter muffin recipe from King Arthur Whole Grain Baking.  I did my little flour combo, nixed the baking powder and just used soda, used honey as a sweetener and decreased the amount, and then used kefir instead of buttermilk.  The results were fantastic.  I am excited to see what other recipes I can successfully adapt. 


GAPS Peanut Butter Muffins


Peanut Butter Muffins
Adapted from King Arthur Whole Grain Baking
Grain-free, GAPS friendly

6 ounces blanched almond flour
2 ounces coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup (7 1/8 ounces) peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
 3/4 cup (6 ounces) kefir/yogurt/coconut milk with lemon juice added

Preheat oven to 350F.

Whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt.

Cream together the butter and honey.  Add the peanut butter, mixing until incorporated.  Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time.  Add the dry ingredients and the liquid, alternating between the two.

Scoop into prepared muffin tins (greased or lined).  Bake 23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...