Thursday, March 1, 2012

Move over Mr. F.

I have a new love in my life.  Here it is in all of its glory.

My new love.


I tell Mr. F. everyday how I love our new dishwasher.  Once I came aware of the complete inadequacy of our previous dishwasher, I started pouring over dishwasher reviews trying to find a suitable replacement.  Around December, we finally took the plunge and ordered one online one day while there was a sale and an offer of free delivery.  We bought sight unseen.  I could only hope that I could deal with how the inside racks were arranged.  We also prayed that it would fit into our current space as we didn't bother checking measurements.  Luckily, neither of those oversights were an issue.

Unfortunately, even though we ordered it in December, we didn't get it until mid-February.  Initially, it was supposed to take a month to be delivered.  At the time, that seemed entirely too long.  I wanted it the next day, darn it!  The day before it was to be delivered in January, we got a call from the company.  "We can't deliver it.  It is not in the warehouse to be picked up."  And then they basically said they were too lazy to follow up on the matter, and we had to wait until the next deliver date (a month away) and hope that the dishwasher had shown up in the meantime.  Gah!  These people obviously did not know the Purgatory they were casting us into with that pronouncement.  I was not a happy camper, but in the end it finally arrived.  

It cleans dishes!


Seriously, this dishwasher is a marvel.  It cleans!  The time it takes to load and unload the dishwasher has decreased by a factor of 5.  (Or not.  I don't really know precisely, but it IS significantly faster.)  It rinses, completely!  (Our old dishwasher did not rinse.  We had to run two extra rinses after each cycle and it still didn't get all the soap off)  Because we aren't doing extra rinses, I can take the dry dishes and put them away.  My mind is BLOWN, I tell you.

I don't think I have loved an inanimate object more than I currently love this dishwasher.  Mr. F. should be worried, because I spend more time with it than I do with him.  (But then again, he spends more time with it than he does with me, so I think we are even.)

Oh, and the Seventh Generation dishwasher soap?  Cleans just fine.  Who knew?

It was not cheap.  But there are some things that are worth their price.  My sanity for instance.  

It takes us half the time to do the dishes!



1 comment:

Janssen said...

You're just mocking me now :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...