Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 in Review: Favorite Posts

I have a tab on my blog that lists my favorite posts by year.  I thought now would be an appropriate time to review what I wrote in 2011.  This went fairly quickly since the blog last year was pretty stagnant.  I wrote a grand total of 40 posts (compared to 92 in 2010).  I did not have a lot of time for writing.  Or if I did have the time, I was too burnt out to make an effort.  The word to describe 2011 for me: exhaustion.  There were a number of posts about motherhood as I struggled to accustom myself to this new role, including a couple of "ah ha" moments where I started defining my own parenting philosophy.  I definitely saw a dearth in creative posts--the proverbial well of imagination having run dry.  Looking back on posts of past years, I find myself terribly funny.  Not so much with 2011.  In fact, sometimes I worry about my ability to be witty.  Perhaps Finn has sucked that out of me along with gallons of milk and a few pounds.

I came up with three posts that I liked.  Unfortunately they all sort of follow the same format.  Must work on that for 2012.

February 25: Feisty is the new frisky
March 8: Evening, interrupted
April 18: Crime against humanity

1 comment:

Emily said...

I also think you are quite funny. I don't think Finn has taken away your witty sense of writing...yet. J/k.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...