Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Praying

I've been doing a lot of praying lately--all centered around a common theme.

Dear Heavenly Father,  please.........

bless that Baby F. will take a nap today.
bless that Baby F. will fall back asleep.
bless that I will be able to take a nap today.
bless that Baby F. will sleep long enough so that I can get enough rest.
bless that he will just sleep already.
help him fall back asleep.
help me have the energy to deal with a fussy baby.

Sometimes my prayers are answered the way I want them to, and sometimes they are not. 

5 comments:

Janssen said...

I know that prayer well. . .it's the one I fall asleep to every night.

Stacey @ Entropified said...

I remember this prayer well. Kind of made me doubt God :)

Ange said...

hahaha.
Tell Baby F I said to sleep through the night already! In Mia's words "what a cutie stinker"

Lady Susan said...

@Stacey: But then baby and I both get long naps (like today), and I know there is a merciful God in heaven. Because He knew I really needed it. ;)

@Ange: Ha ha. Love Mia's "Cutie Stinker." Might have to start saying that.

kyriacarlisle said...

It sounds like you're having a hard week[s]. I have no great wisdom to share, but I'm thinking of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...