Thursday, August 5, 2010

4 Months

Baby F. had his 4-month well visit yesterday.  Here are his official stats:

Weight: 16 lbs 8 oz (70th percentile)
Height: 26.5” (87th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 1/8” (74th percentile)

Such a big boy!  While he does have delightful baby rolls--complete with dimpled hands and knees--He is more just solid!  No lightweight here.

I love my chunky, chunky thighs!


 Baby F. decided to celebrate his 4-month birthday by getting teeth.  Teeth!  (Trust me, this deserves an exclamation point for so many reasons.)  It is a bit early, but I guess his dad was an overachiever in this field as well.  This explains the continual gnawing on his hands and bib, the never-ending drooling, and the slight increase in fussiness.  We can only expect more of this kind of joy in the near future. 

Teeth


This is also the age where babies start getting really fun and one can start to see their personalities.  Baby F. is giggling and laughing and talking to himself and to his parents in adorable little coos and squeals.  I just want to gobble him up--starting with these adorable cheeks.  (What is it with parents who want to eat their babies?!)


DSC_7519


He is also trying so hard to crawl and to flip over.  I am already dreading the day.  I have a premonition he will want to be on the move ALL THE TIME.  “No mom, I don’t want to sit here quietly on the couch.  Let’s go DO something!”

Motherhood can be so tiring to a person who is inclined to be lazy--(me).

While I sometimes daydream about uninterrupted sleep and days unpunctuated by naps, I wouldn’t trade this little guy for anything.

I hold my hands really cute like.
 

2 comments:

Stacey @ Entropified said...

I never hear much on these blogs about the lazy mom. But just so you know, I'm one too.

Whew. Now I'm pretty worn out from commenting. Have a restful day.

Hizzeather said...

He is just so so so so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...