I had a hard time sleeping last night. I kept dreaming about things that I needed to do. Little things. Things that should only take up small amounts of my time, yet I can't seem to get "with it" enough to actually accomplish the tasks. Each day I wake up and I think to myself, "today I am going to do x,y, and z." But then the day progresses, my stress increases, and I just can't bring myself to even think about x, y, and z let alone do them.
Do you want to know what x, y, and z are?
1. Return shoes that do not fit. Free return. All I have to do is print out the UPS label and drop the box off.
2. Return two diapers to get replacements. Basically same procedure as above.
3. Email an gift card to a friend who had her baby two months ago. I am embarrassed at how long this has taken me. Especially once I made the decision to go with a emailed gift card rather than search for an actual gift.
4. Call to make a dental appointment.
5. Call to make a doctor's appointment.
6. Make revisions on thesis manuscript.
O.k. so maybe number 6 isn't exactly "little." But in comparison to actually writing the manuscript......
These items have been festering in the back of my mind for months now. Months....not weeks. I seriously can't explain why the idea of calling the dentist's stresses me out. Or going to the post office for that matter. But it does. To the point where I just shelve the thought, to deal with at another place and another time. Does anyone else do this? Do other people have a hard time accomplishing the simplest of tasks?
Today though, I had a break through. First, I successfully emailed the gift card to my friend. Then I emailed my advisor and told him that there was little chance of me making the revisions to the manuscript in the allotted time and could we somehow work out a deal. (I.e. could he make the revisions.) I already feel a bit lighter. Perhaps I will finally return those purchases this weekend. And make those appointments.