Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Dear Mom,

I was so excited to spend Mother’s Day with you that I woke up an hour earlier than normal (5 am!).  I also didn’t want to miss any part of the day, so I severely limited all of my naps--well, except that nap that I spent in your arms which lasted many hours.  You are just so comfortable!  I love you so much.  I hate being parted from you for very long.

Your loving son,
Baby F. (age 6 weeks)


Dear Son,

I was very tired this weekend.  While I love you very, very much, your undivided attention can wear me out both mentally and physically.  For Mother’s Day though, you did give me one of the best presents ever.....a smile.  This past week marks a major milestone: you have recognized my face and it responded to it with an emotion other than hunger.  I would have to say that it is one of the best feelings EVER to have your child look at you with joy and happiness.  And while we were resting together (the only time you slept for longer than an hour!), I took a mental snapshot of that moment.  I realized that I only had a brief time in which to enjoy having you sleep in my arms; I should not spoil the time by feeling guilty about jobs not getting done or resenting time being so-called “wasted.” 

I love you.  I still find myself shocked by the fact that you are ours (and not on loan from someone else.)  How did we get so lucky?  Thank you for being patient with your mom as I bumble about, trying to learn the ropes. 

Your Loving Mother,
Lady Susan (age 31)




2 comments:

Wild Rose said...

this is beautiful and made me smile.

Jaimee said...

I forgot to wish you a very happy first mother's day!! I hope it was awesome and you got a bit of a break. The first smile is definitely quite the gift. Have you captured it on camera yet? I can't wait to see! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...