Please note: It is not a good idea to make an unannounced visit to a mother of a 1 1/2 week year old, especially when you bring your kids in tow. I don't care that you want to gawk at the baby, it isn't polite.
I could have been doing any number of things:
1. Catching a nap as sleep the night before was interrupted in predictable two hour intervals.
2. Being completely exposed as I tried to nurse my son while stating "your hand is not a boob!"
3. Entertaining out of town family and friends.
4. Taking advantage of a sleeping baby and getting a shower and/or going to the bathroom.
5. Taking advantage of a sleeping baby and dong a load of peed on clothing/changing pads.
6. Taking advantage of a sleeping baby to grab something to eat. Normal meal times have no meaning anymore.
I think you get the picture.
If you do decide to come and visit (and I am not directly opposed to the idea), please make sure you call beforehand so that I can be at the very least A) awake and B) decently attired. Also, bring food (the good stuff, mind you) because I am hungry.