Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Public Service Message

Please note:  It is not a good idea to make an unannounced visit to a mother of a 1 1/2 week year old, especially when you bring your kids in tow.  I don't care that you want to gawk at the baby, it isn't polite. 

I could have been doing any number of things:

1.  Catching a nap as sleep the night before was interrupted in predictable two hour intervals.
2.  Being completely exposed as I tried to nurse my son while stating "your hand is not a boob!"
3.  Entertaining out of town family and friends.
4.  Taking advantage of a sleeping baby and getting a shower and/or going to the bathroom.
5.  Taking advantage of a sleeping baby and dong a load of peed on clothing/changing pads.
6.  Taking advantage of a sleeping baby to grab something to eat.  Normal meal times have no meaning anymore.

I think you get the picture.

If you do decide to come and visit (and I am not directly opposed to the idea), please make sure you call beforehand so that I can be at the very least A) awake and B) decently attired.  Also, bring food  (the good stuff, mind you) because I am hungry.

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Noted. And huge congratulations on your baby!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...