Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pregnancy Review

Pregnancy Review

Pounds gained:
30
Symptoms: fatigue, nausea for the first trimester, heartburn, braxton hicks contractions, weak hip flexor muscles, and sciatica.
Crazy Meltdowns: 2 (that I can re-call)
Cravings: None really.  However, I ate a lot of raisins.  I went through a few boxes.  I have never eaten raisins to that extent before in my life.
Inexplicable crying incidences: 0.  (Not to be confused with the crazy meltdowns.)  For some reason, I did not fall into the crying pregnant woman stereotype.

I had someone tell me during my pregnancy that I would miss being pregnant.  I thought she was certifiably insane and wondered why she wasn't locked up.  And honestly, for the first four weeks postpartum, I was very glad not to be pregnant.  Oh, how wonderful it was not to have a belly!  How great to sleep in whatever position I wanted and be comfortable (o.k.---well whatever position I wanted until the boobies got to big.  That kind of sucks.)  However, the other day as I was putting together the pregnancy progression photo, I did feel a twinge of nostalgia.  I kind of missed the belly and feeling Baby F. move around inside there.  This feeling could have been exasperated by fatigue and the fact that I was feeling like a shut-in--unable to move too far from the couch, let alone the house.  In any case, I sent out a mental apology to the woman I had so easily classified as crazy.

That being said, it is nice to actually see Baby F.'s features and becoming acquainted with his personality.  I am also glad that he is growing exponentially outside my body instead versus inside.

3 comments:

Washington Hills said...

This was very sweet. Hope you have a baby book for Baby F to write some of these thoughts down in, if you want, smile. Oh...and I am VERY jealous of the 30 pounds gained part. You rock!

Janssen said...

I am so jealous of the stomach sleeping.

Rebecca said...

I do not miss being pregnant!!! Cute pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...