Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's only been two weeks

Man.  This new mother gig is tough.  I keep asking myself, "how do they do it?  How do they get anything done?"  I look at Smitten Kitchen's blog and see that she is continuing to bake and cook with her little newborn, and I am somewhat flabbergasted.  What with the sleeping (trying to catch naps when baby naps because otherwise I get so tired), feeding, and consoling, there isn't much time for anything else.  All I have successfully worked out so far is how to get a shower in and how to go to the bathroom when I need to.  If I am lucky, I can grab something quick to eat.  But that is only if I am really on top of my game.  Cooking, cleaning, getting out of the house--those seem like unreachable goals at this point.

I try to remind myself that it has only been two weeks and I need to cut myself some slack.  I mean, I am still recuperating myself from pushing out this little guy.  But I still wonder if the future looks brighter.  Will I suddenly find the time and energy?  Will I finally learn how to multi-task?  How does one manage?  

1 comment:

Washington Hills said...

I remember having a panic attack the first time I took a shower with little Connor. I put him in his special seat on the bathroom floor and kept popping my head out around the shower curtain to make sure he was still there and still breathing.

I say, let the house go! Good for you for sleeping with the baby sleeps! That is EXACTLY what you should be doing. Life gets calmer. The baby gets happier. And Mom ALWAYS figures things out.

I think you're doing AWESOME. Haven't you already proved that with your previous post? Wink, well done, by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...