Wednesday, December 2, 2009

23 weeks


Baby Bump 23 weeks, originally uploaded by LadySusan.

Things I am experiencing:

Crazy hormones. Yes, I have mentioned this before and most likely I will mention them again in the future. I find it interesting that instead of stereotypical crying at Hallmark commercials and general weeping for no reason, my hormones make me angry. I related a particularly rough day to my pregnant co-worker and her husband one day at lunch. The husband asked me what made me so angry. This, normally, would be a logically question. People usually get angry for a reason. Something normally triggers the anger. However, with pregnancy hormones, I am at times filled with an inner rage which is not precipitated by anything. Just being being awake and having to work is enough to piss me off and put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. Luckily, *knocks on wood*, these days have been few and far between. Hopefully, it stays that way, for my sake and Mr. F.'s.

The unending cycle of underwear buying. I am tired of buying new bras people. I have already gone up two cup sizes, and I am only halfway through this thing. Notice this is even before the whole "milk coming in" phenomenon that I have been promised which is sure to increase my size by another cup or two. I look at nursing bra sites and see letters like "J" and "K" mentioned which, if I am being perfectly honest with you and myself, horrify me. I can't even imagine hauling around something that large on my chest. Some people really dig this aspect of pregnancy, but I am not one of them.

Maternity Clothes. Yes, I have finally broken down and bought maternity clothes even though it really pains me to spend money on items that I will *hopefully* only wear a short amount of time. Clothes to wear to church on Sundays have been the most troublesome. I finally tracked down my size in the only decent maternity skirt offered this season--a nice denim one from the gap. I had it specially shipped to me from New Jersey--probably the last one to be found on the Eastern seaboard. You can find maternity dresses galore but no skirts. Grrr. Everyone knows skirts are much more versatile.

And on the subject of maternity clothes, I have to admit to feeling like a bit of a geriatric when I can pull down my pants in one tug versus the usual unbuttoning and unzipping that occurs with normal pants. Add to that the pregnancy waddle that I've got going on, and I should feel right at home in a retirement community.

Lots of activity. Little F. sure is an active little tyke. I feel him rolling and bumping around multiple times during the day. He has moved up a bit, so that he is no longer tap dancing on my cervix. This is really great news. I know that I personally didn't like the feeling of being jabbed repeatedly in my nethers.

Registering. I registered for baby items over Thanksgiving break. Man, there is a hole lot of stuff that I have to get--even going minimalistic like we plan. I dragged my married-with-three-kids-sister along. This was great since she was able to tell me which brand of onsies where better than the other (who knew?!) and share with me her wisdom regarding car seats, strollers, bedding, etc. Still, I am paranoid about picking out the right cloth diapers, the right baby carrier, the right stroller, etc. I mean, these things cost money, and I want to get something that works, you know? I don't want to have to go through three strollers before finding the holy grail of all strollers. (You can probably chalk my anxiety of baby purchases up to pregnancy hormones as well.)

No cravings. The question I get asked the most now that I am baring my belly proudly is "so, any weird pregnancy cravings?" The answer is no. I can honestly say that I have had no such symptoms. Which kind of bums me out, but I guess I am o.k. with that. Cravings seem to be really high maintenance. I am sure Mr. F. is relieved with this as well, since it would naturally fall to him to make sure these cravings were met. (O.k., full disclosure here. There was that _one_ time when I thought I was going to loose it in Wegmans because I really wanted their mozzarella, tomato, and pesto specialty sandwich, and they were not making them that day. Luckily Mr. F. stepped in before the hysterics got too far under way and suggested that we just make the sandwich at home. Crisis narrowly averted and my love for Mr. F. reached new found heights.)

I think that about covers my pregnancy experience so far. As far as I can tell, I am having a pretty normal, routine pregnancy, so I can't really complain.

2 comments:

Hizzeather said...

I kinda wished you would have lost it at Wegmans, and that somebody had taped it...that would have been AWESOME! :)

I'm loving the pregnancy updates...I love living vicariously through people! :)

Melanie said...

I love that you're sharing your pregnancy. So many of my friends talk about pregnancy like it's all totally expected and they know exactly what to expect. I know I sure won't!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...