Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Anniversary Meal in Pictures

Mr. F. and I celebrated our First Anniversary by going out to eat at a lovely cafe in A********. The waitress wondered if I had received a new camera since I was taking pictures of everything. I just wanted to document the event and publish it on the internet for the world to see. Please pretend like you are deeply interested in the details of our meal



The Cafe salad with Gorgonzola, pears, candied pecans, and a champagne vinaigrette.

Soups. Mine was a lovely, smokey cream of broccoli with bacon and his was a Hungarian mushroom, which I found to be delicious--despite my aversion to mushrooms. (It is a texture thing.)

My entree was a Provencal veggie pie with goat cheese and his was a pan-seared salmon with capers and artichokes in a white wine sauce.

The desserts--supposedly the best place to get dessert in A*******. They were tasty. I had a chocolate cake with a raspberry mouse filling. Mr. F.'s was a very decadent all chocolate cake. Unfortunately, I have to admit that his was the better choice. We ate all of mine, and took his home with us.

This is what we felt like afterward--like we had gorged ourselves. Luckily, we had a very long drive in which to digest the above richness. AND we had enough left over for lunch today. Score!

All in all, I could get used to this Anniversary thing. I love another day in which to celebrate and eat good food.

3 comments:

Wild Rose said...

looks like a great dinner. and amusing as usual. :-)

Washington Hills said...

Congratulations, Lady Susan and Mr. F! We're celebrating an anniversary around here soon...maybe we should try a nice dinner without kids...what a novel idea!

Emily said...

Food looks delicious. You are so cute! I miss you - you crack me up. Congrats on 1 yr anniversay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...