Saturday, June 20, 2009

Project Slimdown Update

Six weeks since the inception of Project Slimdown.

What started out as a great idea and adventure, has turned into drudgery. Dieting, under any disguise, is not fun. This is what I have learned. Not that I thought it would be, you know, The Best Thing Ever, but I also didn’t expect it to affect my mood, energy level, creativity, etc. (Another reason why I haven't been blogging. I just can't be witty when I am hungry.) I feel like a dieting weenie though when I complain. I mean, it isn't like I am only eating shakes, soups, salads, etc. I am eating my normal, healthy diet, but in smaller portions. But, man oh man. Some days are the pits. Weekends, I think, are the worst. I like to celebrate weekends by eating food that I don’t normally eat during the week like Sunday morning pancakes drizzled with real maple syrup or spread with homemade strawberry jam. I also like to spend the time at home experimenting with new recipes, especially baked goods. Unfortunately, weekends are also the days when I take a break from my normal exercise routine, thus chopping my allowed calorie intake by 300-400. I find myself getting cranky on the weekends. Take this past Sunday for example. I woke up quite hungry and so I had a lovely breakfast of two small pancakes topped with a bit of peanut butter and strawberry jam, a cup of milk, and a yogurt. WHAMMO! There goes more than half of my allotted calories that day.

So in those moments when I really just would like to start knawing on my arm, because I am that hungry, I have to focus on the already reaped benefits. For example, I have these two button-down shirts that I bought last year. Prior to the start of Project Slimdown, I tried them on to find that they were GAPPING AT THE BUST. You may or may not know this, but I have never had much of a chest. Ever. I rather liked this aspect of myself. However, I had started to notice that my “mosquito bites were looking more like juicy, juicy, mangos.” But, heaven help me, I was not going to loose 2 relatively new shirts due to bust gapage if I could help it. I wore one of those shirts yesterday and I am very happy to report there was no bust gapage AT ALL. I even tried to flex my chest in an effort to simulate the effect, and couldn’t make it work. I also feel more toned and and tight. I try to embrace these new found features of mine as ignore the roar of my stomach as it cries, FEED ME!

Two more months. That’s my mantra. Hopefully, I can last two more months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...