Friday, May 29, 2009

Help! Photo sharing advice needed

I am crying out for advice from the blogger masses here. I am torn between which online photo sharing site to use: Flickr or Picasa? It appears that there is a large contingency of bloggers in both camps. Oh what to do, what to do.

I feel like Flickr is only good if you ante up and pay for Flickr pro. Otherwise, you can only upload a few pictures every month (depending on their size). However, it seems like the better photo social network.

Picasa is neat because you edit your photos and create really easy slide shows/collages/etc. However, I am annoyed that the program takes every single picture found on my computer and incorporate it into folders, etc. Also, I don't like the fact that there is a folder on the web version that has all my blogger pictures in it. What if I don't want them there? Especially if it is a silly picture I grabbed off the web. Now it is taking up storage, and I can't delete it without deleting it off my blog.

I have to admit that I haven't really spent a huge amount of time using either one, partly for the above reasons.

So, please fellow bloggers, show me the light. Which one is worth my time and (possibly) money.

4 comments:

yola said...

Sounds like Picasa has a set amount of storage too. Once you hit 1GB you have to ante up...at least with Flickr you get an allotment per month...either way you have to pay, I think.

yola said...

The new banner looks lovely!

Misty said...

I use photobucket. It's private and I havn't had to pay yet. When I ran out of storage I just used another email to open a new account.

Hizzeather said...

Me likey picasa. If you run out of storage, make a new gmail, or pay. It's worth it.

Love the new look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...