Sunday, May 31, 2009

Channeling My Domestic Goddess

"And I'll make [Anne] enough blue plum preserve to stock her jam closet for a year."
--Marilla speaking of Anne's engagement to Gilbert Blythe in Anne's House of Dreams.


Well, we don't have any blue plum preserves. Instead, we have a year's supply (if I hoard it) of strawberry preserves made from the lovely, red strawberries we picked this weekend. There are very few things in this world better than freezer jam, in my humble opinion. And don't you just adore the idea of a jam closet? Of course, you can't store freezer jam in a jam closet, but I would consider switching if I had a jam closet to stock.

I am tempted to go on a jam canning binge if only to enjoy the aesthetics of the pretty jeweled jars stacked right next to each other. *Swoon* Yes, I get swoony thinking about a well stocked freezer and pantry.


2 comments:

Janssen said...

I agree that freezer jam is one of the most lovely things in the world, both for the eyes and the tongue.

Misty said...

I love freezer jam! We have one container left of the batch I made last year around this time. Guess I'm going to have to get some Klicker Berries and make it again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...