Monday, February 23, 2009

And this little piggy stayed home

It was inevitable that Mr. F. would get sick (because I just can’t stop kissing him even though I carry deadly viruses about my person). Yesterday found him decidedly under the weather. Since I was still recuperating, we decided to just sit at home where it was nice and cozy instead of venturing out to church.

(The fact that I was not looking forward to my primary class might have factored in. But, I didn’t want to get them sick after all and I am pretty sure I was still contagious. Children’s immune systems are very delicate.)

There is something about being home sick that makes you regress back to your childhood, because the day’s activities were: taking naps, watching Madagascar, and making pigs in a blanket.


I think the last time I ate pigs in a blanket was when I was 10. These are homemade (no Pillsbury Dough for us!). To make us feel better about the cup of butter in the dough, we added some whole wheat flour. And per my request, each little hot dog had a slit down the middle and was stuffed with cheddar cheese. Yum.

And because there was left over blanket dough which we didn’t want to waste:



Yum. Little cinnamon buns. Tasty.

And because that wasn’t enough (piggy piggy) and because I was craving them, I made these:


Molasses cookies. I have very fond memories revolving around molasses cookies.

Obviously, we were not suffering from the stomach flu. In fact, there was nothing really wrong with our appetites at all.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Mmm, molasses cookies. Those look delicious.

Kristin said...

So, are you going to post recipes? Wishing I were a piggy in your house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...