Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crushing

I have a crush. A super-duper, teenage-screaming, hyperventilating, swooning kind of crush. The kind of crush where if he wasn't so happily married, and if I wasn't so happily married, I would daydream ridiculous scenarios involving his happening upon of my blog, discovering my extreme wittiness, and then subsequently begging me to be on his show as a regular contributor.

Wait. That could still happen with us both being happily married. Scratch that beginning part. I AM daydreaming ridiculous scenarios. As no infidelity is involved, I give myself full leave for my daydreams to run rampant.

Oh? So you still have no idea whom I am talking about? Ira Glass of course. *Be still my beating heart.* And I know that I am not the only one who feels this way. Behold the glory that is Ira (the segment to which I am referring is the first 5 min.):



Now I kind of feel bad that I am serving chicken at my lab party on Saturday (although it is chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Personally, I wouldn't feel bad being immortalized in a divine dish that calls for an obscene amount of garlic.) I almost feel like I should become a vegetarian because Ira is a vegetarian. Because isn't that what you do when you have super-duper, teenage-screaming, hyperventilating, swooning kind of crushes? Don't you want to emulate every single part of their life in an attempt to feel closer to this person that in reality is a perfect stranger?

However, I have not quite crossed the line into obsessive stalker crush so perhaps I will put off vegetarianism for right now. Instead I will just continue in my fantastical daydreams that involve Ira and I collaborating together in making radio history.

1 comment:

yola said...

I hear ya on this one. I've crushed since we saw him at Western. He's speaking at a conference we are hosting in March. I wonder how I can finagle myself into being his conference assistant while he's here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...