Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Different Type of Debate

Let’s step away from politics here to talk about what really matters……food. I can talk about food until the cows come home. I found this little list over at the Accidental Hedonist website.

Coke or Pepsi? Neither. The only soda I will drink is Thomas Kemper’s Black Cherry soda or Izzy’s natural soda.

Thick crust or thin for your Pizza? Dude. There is only one right answer to this—thin.

Rare or Well Done for you steak? I am sticking to the middle ground here by saying medium to medium-well. Hamburger should always be well done.

Hot Dogs or Hamburgers? Hamburgers have too much meat. Give me a crispy, grilled hot dog to make my summer complete.

Ketchup or Mustard on your hot dog? I do love Mr. F. but unfortunately, he doesn’t know how to eat a hot dog. He puts mustard on it. Ugh. The only adornment that a hot dog needs is ketchup, thank you very much.

Cake or Pie? Almost always pie except for those rare moments when I crave cake. And of course it all depends on whose pie and cake.

Brownies with a fine, glossy crust, or soft cake brownies? Two quote the person I snagged this quiz from, “Soft cake brownies are not brownies, they are, in fact, a soft cake.” Amen sister.

Nuts in the brownies? Yes, oh yes, oh yes. And unlike the brownies that Mr. F. made the other week where he put the nuts on the top…..the nuts should actually be dispersed within the batter. So what if he is allergic and could go into shock……the brownies come first d*** it.

Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream? Chocolate. Preferably dark. Unless I have fresh fruit to go on top and then it would obviously be vanilla.

Blue cheese or ranch dressing with your Buffalo wings? Ranch. Food, including cheese, should not be blue. That isn’t natural.

Soup or Salad? Salad, because unless it is a really nice restaurant, the soups just aren’t very good. I also rarely can make a really good salad at home.

Butter on your Popcorn? Yes. That is if it is real butter and you have popped your popcorn in a pot on the stove. You should also drink milk with your popcorn (the only beverage allowed) and have some chocolate near by.

Guacamole or Salsa? Guacamole every single time.

Coffee or Tea? Neither as I am Mormon. However if we are talking legal Mormon drinks the choice would be steamer or herbal tea. In which case, I would say herbal tea for every day and steamers when I am out on the town and want something different.

Chunky or Creamy Peanut Butter? Chunky. I like to make sure that it was made from real nuts.

Bacon or Sausage? Bacon. Everything is better with bacon. And I like it toasty.

Eggs Scrambled or Fried? Scrambled with veggies and herbs. If I am feeling lazy and I just want an egg—fried, with a runny yolk to be mopped up with a slice of homemade bread.

3 comments:

Hizzeather said...

This post makes me hungry!

I laughed out loud at the 'brownies come first' comment! :)

You have a very particular palate, I must say. Milk with popcorn? Ew, no! I prefer orange julius. :)

yola said...

I second the ew on milk with popcorn...there's no need for twice the dairy with your popcorn. Thomas Kemper, yes, milk, no. Just say no to milk.

I do agree on the bacon though. It is my humble opinion that bacon, butter, and gravy all make the world a better, albeit heftier, place. And so does blue cheese, my friend. Some fine things are meant to be fungal, including mushrooms.

:) Cheers, yo!

Retail Worker #48721093 said...

I vote neither for all of the sweet items. I have no sweet tooth. Also no beef, or pork, or hotdogs (even the kosher kind). Or peanut butter. Or soda...

This survey isn't working for me.

I'm going to second blue cheese awesomeness...not a ton of it but a minute amount on a salad is yummy. Hot salsa is amazing (ever tried a scotch bonnet salsa...only the brave survive). And I won't even start on my coffee addiction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...