Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Recap

So life has been a bit crazy since coming back: preparing for a fisheries conference in Ottawa next week which meant finishing up lab work, analyzing data, and adding to a presentation; setting up house in a new place; and watching the Olympics…..You know, BUSY.


My sisters were life savers and came out to help me somehow smash my full kitchen into Mr. F.’s already well stocked one. The resulting carnage is the aftermath of two foodies marrying--an entire kitchen of stuff to give away. Anyone want some nice ivy corningware and pans from the 1950’s? Because we have them.


So yeah, this conference. Normally I would be really excited to go. I mean, I am going to CANADA. I love Canada. I would seriously considering becoming an ex-patriot and seeking asylum there. And we are going rafting while we are there, which is some serious fun. But I am rather loath to leave my cozy house where I have someone to go home to every night for a week. I KNOW. I have become rather pathetic and sentimental in my married state. It’s just so comfortable.


So, in an effort not to think about the immediate future, I will instead reflect on the not-so-distant past: our open house.


Mr. F. and I didn’t want to have a typical Mormon wedding reception after the wedding: standing in line for hours on end, not getting to eat any of the food, etc. Instead, we opted for was a lovely French dinner with just our immediate family and closest friends (photos of that to come). Yet, we also felt a need to celebrate with our friends from church and work. So, we had an open house a week after coming back from our honeymoon. We had a bunch of nice summer salads, some grilled chicken thighs, lemonade, and PIES—many, many pies. And thanks to the awesomness of people at church, I didn’t have to do a darn thing.


And yes, if I do a bit of soul-searching, I feel a bit guilty about that.


Anyhoo.......


I think the best part of the evening was the wedding piñata! A friend from the lab made one for the event. I am now of the opinion that every celebratory event should involve piñatas.


We lucked out and had beautiful weather:



And yes, like all picnic events, we were plagued by rascally boys. One of them successfully launched his weapon at the back of my head.


I was the first one to take a whack at the piñata. It was great fun.


The table with many, many pies:


We didn't have a wedding cake. We instead had a Key Lime Pie made by Mr. F. himself. We thought it was fitting as I am pretty sure I fell in love with Mr. F. after tasting his key lime pie at our second meeting. Here I am trying to get a super large piece to stuff in his mouth.


And yes, I still owe you wedding pictures. Be patient with me. I am still up to my ears in thank you cards that I need to write, address, and mail. *groan*

2 comments:

Hizzeather said...

I will TRY to be patient...no promises. If you get mean text messages from me...sorry! :)

Jon and Ange said...

I love reading your fun blogs about being married. I'm so happy for you. Your writing is the best because I can picture how happy you are. CONGRATS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...