Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Because you all are so obviously interested

I got tagged by Heather for the following meme:

5 random things about me that you could have been perfectly happy in not knowing.

O.k. so maybe that wasn’t the actual title of the meme, but whatever. I have compiled five trivial pieces of information regarding the mysterious personage that is Lady Susan. They are listed in no particular order. And in case you are entirely uninterested in the minutia of my life, skip this. But read the end, because I had a pretty brilliant idea for a new meme.

1. I speak in code.

Using vocal intonation and direct quotes, I infuse my dialogue with well written prose from a plethora of obscure movies. This code goes undetected by most, yet I amuse myself to no end. Those who know me well, take to asking often, “So, what is that from?” I only need one word, or a pronunciation of a word, to set me off.

Key words (points to those who can identify the movie):

Brown sugar
Spoon
Fluffy
Pork
Angel
Tolerable
Festoons/Rosette
Sorry
Beguiling
Fruity
Strawberries

2. I have an extremely high activation energy

This means I need a huge bonfire lighted under my butt for me to feel motivated to work on what needs to get done. Case in point: I should be figuring out my egestion data (fish poo data for you non-science speakers). But….I don’t really want to. Yet, I have a very low activation energy for things that I should not waste my time doing….such as writing this post. I also have a huge problem with “first times.” It is always such an ordeal to do something for the first time—like kissing. Oh man. Did I ever have a hard time with my first kiss….and the second, third, and fourth. Of course, It didn’t help that I had my first kiss at the age of oh…..29! (For those of you that are interested, this is no longer an issue.)

3. I like to cook

This really isn’t a shocker. Food makes me feel all warm and happy on the inside. People who are eating inferior food are leading inferior lives. Here’s what I have been making lately and what you too must go out and make if you want to be happy.

French Chocolate Granola

This doesn’t need to added white sugar by the way. Have this with some tangy plain Greek yogurt and you have a killer breakfast.

Yogurt Rubbed Chicken with Roasted Pepper Goat Cheese Sauce.

Yeah, Mr. F was totally envious of the way I was handling that chicken. Who can blame him?

Chiffon Cupcakes

The quintessential cupcake—moist and “fluffy.” Mr. F though gets credit for these. What? Your man doesn’t make you cupcakes? What a shame.

Pumpkin and Cranberry Muffins

Did I hear you correctly? You don’t crave pumpkin in the middle of summer? Save them for fall then, but they are worth making.

Roasted Garlic Flatbread with Tomatoes and Basil

Crispy, tangy, garlicky. What more do you want in life?

4. I cry easily.

It is genetic. My mom was a crier; my sisters are criers. It is a part of me that I have just come to embrace. Watching other people cry will make my cry. I cried while watching Lars and the Real Girl. I was crying over a doll people! I sob uncontrollably during Dead Poet’s Society. And no matter how many times I read it, I weep every time Beth dies in Little Women.

5. I am a self proclaimed narcolept.

Well, perhaps not in the medical definition. However, I think that sleep is my natural state of being….one that I return to when not sufficiently stimulated. Make me sit for any length of time without gripping entertainment, and I will fall asleep. Sitting at my desk is a perfect example of this. It doesn’t matter how much sleep I have had previous nights. I also need an absurd amount of sleep to merely function on a normal, human level. Nine hours: I feel like a freakin' rock star.


Wow. I feel so.....underwhelmed. I really wish I had some dark and crazy secrets and alternate personalities to reveal, but I am afraid that I am frighteningly ordinary. However, instead of blaming myself for my ordinariness, I am going to blame the unimaginative meme. Instead, I propose a new meme. One that should be vastly more entertaining: name 5 random falsehoods about yourself. For example, come up with 5 dark and crazy secrets that you don't have. Or....come up with 5 alter-egos for yourself. Wow. The possibilities are endless with this. I tag anyone who reads this blog. Oh, and don't worry, I will definitely be doing this one too.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Beth DIES??????

Heather said...

ha ha just kidding!

Thank you for being the first person that I tagged to actually do it! It was very interesting, except I had to google meme because I ddin't know that was a word! :)

ps...I'm a crier too...I cried today because I interacted with someone who was kinda slow and I felt bad for his quality of life. Yeah, I'm weird.

David and Shelly said...

You are anything but ordinary.

Janssen said...

"Brown Sugar," I'm going to hazard a guess, is from Anne of Green Gables. Love that movie.

Lady Susan said...

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Marilla: 20lbs of brown sugar!

I love how she says it, and that is what I think every time I have to use it. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...