Friday, April 11, 2008

Save me from myself!

AGGGHHHHHHHHH!

"Do you hear that Fezzik? That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when the six-fingered man killed my father. [Lady Susan] makes it now."


I am having a crappy day. The kind of day that makes me want to scream obscenities….and I do……only in my head because I am civil and educated like that. Out loud I just make loud cries of ultimate suffering. People in the offices next to me think that I am dying a horrible, torturous death. And they would be right.

It all started with my taxes. I decided that today I was going to file my taxes. And before you make some snide remark about leaving my taxes to the last minute, I have to say in my defense that my W-2s got sent to the wrong address, even though they had my correct address on file. (It is unimportant to note that if I started my taxes earlier than two weeks ago, I would have received my W-2 forms earlier and still not have to do them last minute….whatever.) I hate the government. How wrong is it to have a person at poverty level pay $750 dollars in state and federal taxes? The answer: VERY WRONG. These people should be shot. And yes, I qualify for a stinking rebate, but is it really a treat if you have to spend the rebate on paying your taxes? NO.

Then I learned that my professor added a question to the lab assignment that is due Monday and neglected to tell anyone. The same lab assignment that I spent all last night finishing so that I could be productive today and work on other things. I learned today that sometime during the week an extra question had been added. Which you know sucks, because that extra question took me a good two to three hours of extra work.

And then, as if that wasn’t enough, what did I have to go and do? Right after I finished my lab report (a word document), I went and deleted all the added changes in my excel spreadsheet. The excel spreadsheet I have to turn in with my lab report so he can check out my analyses. Why did I do this? What evil spirit possessed me and made me check the “don’t save changes” button on my excel file? I don’t know!

What I do know is: I need an intervention people, and I need it now!

1 comment:

Retail Worker #48721093 said...

For starters stop claiming yourself if you are doing that. The more dependents you have the less they take out in taxes which means you may have to pay up at tax time. Switch it to zero and it helps to save some last minute paying. Granted that means less money coming back to you on your paychecks throughout the year...it's a crap shoot. Don't listen to me. :D

Also, move to a state that doesn't have an income tax.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...