Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Behaviorally Incompetent

I am going through a horribly awkward phase. However, I am told by those in the know that it is a situational phase—meaning that most people in said situation must experience the ensuing awkwardness and embarrassment. To which end, I must channel my inner Mrs. Bennett and cry: “Why is that so? Why must that be?”

My advisor gave it a great name today during class: behaviorally incompetent. Well……in actuality, he was describing fish larvae as they move from yolk-sack feeding to capturing food. Initially, fish larvae suck at food capture because, hello, they never have had to do it before--hence they are behaviorally incompetent. Cue the bright light as I had a brief epiphany; my life being perfectly analogous to that scenario.

Am I being obscure enough for you? Good. Because this is all the information that you are going to get. At some point…….months from now, when I find some aspects of this situation uproariously hilarious (and no doubt that I will), I will be sure to post. In the meantime, I will continue to hide myself underneath the covers and berate myself for my stupidity.

Oh, and by the way, any embarrassing/awkward stories that you would like to share in commiseration, would be appreciated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...