Wednesday, October 17, 2007

To the Powers that Be:

Would it be too much to ask for a grace period of twenty-four hours between Really Bad Happenings? After last night’s angst, I was not happy to hear Jean Louise squeal like a pig ready for slaughter this morning while attempting to drive her to work. This after I already spent way more than I could afford getting her fixed last week.

I know, I know, character building. I am having character building experiences. And it IS better to find out now that my belts are shot versus half way to Rittie’s house where I am going this weekend. But forgive me if I feel a little bit winded by it all.

editing to add: there IS a Divine Being who is aware of my financial and mental status. The squealing heard this morning was nothing more than a rock trapped near the tire. It has been subsequently dislodged. Oh......and the mechanic, the lady working at the register, and probably the five other employees working at my local Citgo all know my name and the sound of my voice on the phone. I don't know whether to rejoice in the sense of community or curse the geriatric nature of my car.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...