Friday, September 28, 2007

Breakfast of Champions

Today I took a break from the muffins. (A collective gasp is heard throughout cyber space.) I know, serious stuff. I have eaten muffins more or less every day for the last few years. However, last week, I was uninspired by my muffin recipe collection. I never thought such a day would come, but there you have it. The thought also crossed my mind that perhaps I should have a heartier start to my day, i.e. foods rich in whole grains that would satisfy me long than a couple of hours.

So, today I broke out of my mold and made this. Pretty darn tasty, let me tell you. I would describe it as a cross between oatmeal and rice pudding. Three hours later, I am still going strong. While I don’t think I will be eating this everyday, it currently holds a permanent place in my breakfast food rotation.

Later next week……baked oatmeal. Yeah, never had it and it sounds promising. As I can tell you all are deeply interested, I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Emily said...

MMM...looks good. You'll have to share the recipe. I do remember you always being a big muffin fan...even when sugar was the size of gumballs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...