Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm Back!

Well, I have returned from my week long vacation to the outer banks. Days were spent sleeping, reading, eating, playing in the waves, and soaking up the sun. My skin has taken on a golden hue and has been sand-blasted until not a dead cell remains.

My favorite parts: playing in the surf and rolling with the swells (all except for the unfortunate boogie boarding incident which left a bruise down the entire length of my upper arm), eating meat cooked on an open flame, reading light romantic novels (including Eclipse) on the beach while being slowly baked, and playing with the wee bairns in the water. Our house was a small a-frame cottage that reeked of sea side charm. The kitchen included the original appliances from the early 50's. The much needed escape was complete and wonderful.

For a whole week I refrained from reading emails, thinking about school, and stressing about schedule. Now however, real life looms in the near future, ready to engulf me. *Sigh*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...