Thursday, August 16, 2007

Falling in Love


“Let us hope that we are preceded in this world by a love story.”

I love Minnesota. Or perhaps I should say that I love the idea of Minnesota as I have never been there. My parents met there. Both grew up in Utah but they found each other and fell in love in Minnesota. I grew listening to A Prairie Home Companion where I became familiar with the Minnesotan accent and learned about the Norwegian farmers. I was fascinated by the North Country as it is called.

Watching Sweet Land, I once again fell in love with Minnesota. I love the look of the land--expansive. You can almost feel the chill of the wind. Unknown places always hold infinite possibilities. In Minnesota, perhaps I can find a strong, silent type like Olaf--cute Olaf with his quaint speech that mingles both the Norwegian and the Minnesotan.

*Sigh* This is my problem. I fall in love with a place through a book or a movie and I endow it with all my hopes and dreams….determined that I will find Gilbert in P.E.I. and Olaf in Minnesota. If only that were possible.

Thank you Yola for introducing me to this lovely film.

1 comment:

yola said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you got to see this one! I just knew you would love it (like I do).

Remember, ducks dream. No reason you shouldn't.

ps: enjoy the beach!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...