Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Stuffed Comforts

I find great comfort in stuffed items: pillows, comforters, quilts, stuffed animals, stuffed dead animals (o.k. maybe not this last one). So soft…..so comfy. Therefore, it should not be a surprise that I also like stuffed foods: ravioli, Chinese dumplings, peroshiki, perogies, stuffed chicken breasts and other assorted stuffed meat. This past week, I indulged my fondness for stuffness by cooking artichoke and spinach stuffed pasta shells and sausage and pepper calzones. Both are Cooking Light recipes and both are very tasty! I am not a big ricotta fan so I often shy away from stuffed shells and manicotti. Luckily though, this recipe didn’t use ricotta, using instead cottage cheese. And how can you go wrong with artichokes I ask you? Yummm (I used canned by the way). And the calzones caught me by surprise as well…..not being a huge pepper fan. But the pepper wasn’t a strong flavor at all. However, like all my other stuffed comforts, there recipes will probably be packed away for the remainder of the summer as it is just too dang hot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...