Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Happenings

Last weekend was one of the most enjoyable in a long time. My friend K came down for a visit, and I took the opportunity of her company to explore more of D.C. We took a trip to the Eastern Market. I have been trying to find such a market in the area for a long time. (o.k….obviously I haven’t been looking hard have I?) I like a nice mix of food and craft vendors at my markets. My only regret: that I don’t life close enough to take advantage of the fresh food on a regular basis. Afterwards we went to the National Gallery of Art. K is one of the few people I know that would appreciate such an outing. If possible, I like to pick up post cards of the paintings that impressed me during a particular visit.


For dinner, we went to this charming hole-in-the-wall Mexican/El Salvadorian cafĂ©. The internet is invaluable when it comes to finding good, cheap eats. I reacquainted myself with pupusas—thick, handmade corn tortillas stuffed with meat and cheese. Yumm.

2 comments:

Krilafis said...

The Eastern Market is one of my favorite places. And the Art Gallery is my favorite place. Rembrant's Self Potrait is beautiful. His eyes seem soulfull in a way that other artists fail to capture: Honesty.

One of my favorite hole the wall eaterys is El Torro Bravo in old Annapolis. Its fantastic.

Do you like Jazz music?

Lady Susan said...

Oh dear.....I am a sucker for hole in the wall eateries. Yeah! Must check that place out.

And I love jazz music....just as long as it doesn't get too busy. I actually prefer vocal jazz, and old school at that. Blossom Dearie, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, Dina Shore, Dina Washington, etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...