Friday, April 27, 2007

Isn't this a lovely day to be caught in the rain?

I know, I know, another post. But it is raining today….a lovely drizzly soft rain, with steel grey skies. The type of day that begs for you to stay home and watch movies while drinking hot cocoa. And every day like to day brings to mind one of my favorite movies…….Top Hat. It is witty, romantic, and Ginger is wearing the ostrich-feather dress….my absolute favorite. The Ginger character (Dale) and the Fred character (Jerry) are getting to know each other……it is raining…..there is this wonderful dialogue…..and then comes the song. *Swoon*

Jerry Travers: Are you afraid of thunder?

Dale Tremont: Oh, no. It's just the noise.


Jerry Travers: You know what thunder is, don't you?


Dale Tremont: Of course. It's something about the air.


Jerry Travers: No, no. When a clumsy cloud from here meets a fluffy little cloud from there, he billows towards her. She scurries away and he scuds right up to her. She cries a little and there you have you showers. He comforts her. They spark. That's the lightning. They kiss. Thunder.

Isn't this a lovely day to be caught in the rain?
You were going on your way,
Now you've got to remain.
Just as you were going,
Leaving me all at sea,
The clouds broke, they broke,
And oh what a break for me.
I can see the sun up high,
Though we're caught in a storm.
I can see where you and I could be cozy and warm.
Let the rain pitter patter,
But it really doesn't matter
If the skies are grey.
Long as I can be with you,
It's a lovely day.

3 comments:

yola said...

Did I tell you I scored this at the SPL booksale for a $1? Whoo-hoo! I immediately went home and watched it of course. I absolutely love that scene and the feather dress scene. Faaaaabulous.

Lady Susan said...

No fair! How lucky are you!? I love book sales. I love good book sales...however, I don't think booksales are common in my neck of the woods. (do people read??)

Krilafis said...

There are book sales! You just have to know where to go and when to go. Most of them are at the library and like my thrift-store finds, are not always fruitful. But one good book purchased at a low low prince is always a good buy. There is also second look books in Foxrun PF and bag-o-books for a dollar at the library.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...