Monday, March 12, 2007

A Birthday Tribute


Sisters, sisters
Never were there such devoted sisters,

My sister is freakin’ cool…….like MacGyver/Indiana Jones cool. She travels the world, climbs mountains, explores wildernesses, and salsa dances like a native. For my whole life I have looked up to her. She imbues confidence, independence, intelligence, self-sufficiency, and common sense. If you are ever stranded anywhere, you want her there with you (just make sure that you have Scooby snacks to fend of the low blood sugar).

Caring, sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing

Growing up, I wouldn’t say that I was close to any of my sisters. Our differences in ages kept us out of phase. Then circumstances conspired to bring us together. We had no choice but to depend and lean on each other. The result: my sisters are now my best friends. We rock out together, we laugh together, we hang out together, we swoon together.

All kinds of weather, we stick together
The same in the rain and sun
Two different faces, but in tight places
We think and we act as one

So, N, my beautiful, wonderful sister, I wish you the very best on this your birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, so sweet.
check out that really cute kid!
you are completely awesome and the bestest sister friend EVER!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...