Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"A Certain Slant of Light"

“There's a certain slant of light,
On winter afternoons,
That oppresses, like the weight
Of cathedral tunes.

Heavenly hurt it gives us;
We can find no scar,
But internal difference
Where the meanings are. . .”

I was reminded of this poem while one my run this morning. Dawn and twilight are my favorite times of day. The light descends with a certain slant backlighting and causing a glow. And the color of objects is different. More vibrant? More muted? I can’t decide--but different. There was also a low lying fog which created some softening and interesting light scatter. All in all, it was achingly beautiful and practically perfect. All I needed to be perfectly content was more solitude---too many people on their way to work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...